cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to configure voice ports.

john_earnest
Level 1
Level 1

CME 7.1 is running on my 3845.  I have configured the Call Manager Express and calls are working internally.  I recently installed a VIC2-2FXO card to prepare to getting outside line access.

"show diag" shows the card being in slot 0 WIC slot 3.

"show voice port summary" shows my voice ports being on 50/0/1-50.  I know that after configuring an ephone, a voice port is automatically created.

"show run" does not reveal my FXO card.

Problem: "config t" , "voice-port ?" show my choice of being 50/0/1-50.  I try to configure voice-port 50/0/1 and it says unrecignized.

IOS is c3845-ipvoicek9-mz.124-24.T1.bin.

How do I get my FXO card to work?  Also, amber led lights are on the front of the card.

I've reinstalled the card and reboot my router several times.

15 Replies 15

Phil,

The problem is that my router does not have any PVDMs.  I checked the motherboard and of course the 4 slots were empty.  I used Cisco's DSP calculator to find the right PVDM cards and now I need to order them.

Thanks for everyones comments and questions.  They really helped me broaden my research and troubleshooting.

I'm the network engineer and ASA fw guy at my work and now I'm putting on the voip hat.  I know how to configure CME but the hardware requirements are new to me.  I find the best way to learn is when something is not working.

Thanks again.  You guys really helped me out.