Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to get CP-7841-3PCC to Download Firmware

MattBoone2687
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying for a week to get my CP-7841-3PCC to download its firmware off of my FreeSwitch based server.

I have made all the SPA phones auto-provisioning templates and they are pulling their firmware just fine but the main difference are the firmware filenames. The SPA are using Bin files but the CP series seem to use sbn fileIP Telephony and Phones, 3PCC, 3rd Party Call Controls for the kernal , root, and boot so I am not sure what to specify in my auto-provisioning template.

Currently, I just disabled the firmware but this is what I have in my template

<Upgrade_Enable ua="na">No</Upgrade_Enable>
<Upgrade_Error_Retry_Delay ua="na">3600</Upgrade_Error_Retry_Delay>
<Downgrade_Rev_Limit ua="na"></Downgrade_Rev_Limit>
<Upgrade_Rule ua="na">tftp://{{ ftp_host }}/{{ firmware }}</Upgrade_Rule>
<License_Keys ua="na"></License_Keys>

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there. 

Which firmware do you currently have on the device and which firmware would you like to upgrade to? 

You need to point the device to the .loads file. 

Please take a look at this https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/how-to-upgrade-the-firmware-on-a-mpp-device/ta-p/3985819

Geovani 

Hey Geovani,

Thanks a lot! I assume the other bin files need to be in the directory since the files are much larger.

Does Cisco have a way for me to point to an HTTP server to grab the firmware since TFTP is a slower protocol?

We currently don't support HTTP or HTTPS for Auto-provisioning.

Thanks so much!

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi. 

If you open up the .loads files, you will see that it points to the other files. So all files are actually needed. 

You can use the cloud upgrader: https://upgrade.cisco.com/MPP_upgrade

Geovani