Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UNIFIED PRESENCE 8.X IN HIGH AVAILABILITY

Dear all

we have setup a high availability CUPS .

We are wondering if the primary server goes down , and the users trying to login via CUPC then what happen ?

If they use the  ip for publisher then if the publisher is down what they have to type for login?the ip of the subscriber?

is any other option that the users can know only one domain or only one ip for the login via CUPC?

Regards

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You shouldn't have to change IP address for logon.  As explained, CUPC will handle it automatically.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

michael-luo
Level 1
Level 1

When CUPC logs in the first time, it downloads a list of servers.  This list will be stored locally on the client PC and updated on every logon.

When the first server on the list is unavailable, CUPC will try the next server.

Hope this answers your question.

Michael

Hi  Michael

I have logged in the CUPC succesfully the first time using the ip of the publisher.Then i  rebooted the publisher  and i tried to logging with the ip of the subscriber unfortunatelly with out success. IF the publisher is down then the clients for CUPC can use the ip for publisher?

Do you have any idea?

i am using load balancing for the users assignment and when i rebooted the publisher all the users then associated with the subscriber

Also what is the needs for the srv if you know? i have to configure it for HA or is not neccessary

regards

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

You shouldn't have to change IP address for logon.  As explained, CUPC will handle it automatically.

Thank you Michael