Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.x Directory Attendant question

sdavids5670
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I have a question about the behavior of the Directory Attendant call handler as it relates to caller input.  I have the "Allow callers to dial an extension during greeting" enabled.  I also have the "Allow caller input" checkbox enabled on the Greetings page.  I do not have any of the keys locked.  When I call in and hit the Directory Attendant call handler I hear "From a touch tone telephone you may dial an extension at any time.  For a directory of extensions, press four".  If I key in an extension that does not match a subscriber's extension, I receive the message "I did not recognize that as a valid entry".  Is this by design?  Is there a way to configure Unity such that it simply transfers the call (release to switch style) to whatever extension I key in rather than to compare against a list of subscribers?

Regards,

Steven

5 Replies 5

don_crowder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Steven,

Enabling a direct transfer to an extension as actually done on the subscriber configuration page. Got to Subscribers-->Call Transfer-->check radio button "Yes, ring subscriber extension". If you have multiple subscribers you can use the Unity bulk edit tool to knock them all out at once. This, however, will not stop the

"I did not recognize that as a valid entry" message if a user dials a none existant subscriber.

Regards,

Don

The behavior is by design, Unity will only recognize DNs which are previously configured.

If you want to transfer to non-configured DNs in Unity you need to use a call system transfer.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the response.  I have a follow-up question.  I have a client who is swearing up and down that they used to be able to dial into the Directory Attendant and key in an internal extension that is not (and never was) a subscriber in the Unity system.  He claims that it worked up until CUCM was upgraded to 8.x.  For example, they have a number (for this example I'll use 952-555-1212) that hits a translation pattern that directs the call to 40138 which is associated with a CTI route point that sends the call to Unity.  40138 hits the Unity Directory Attendant and the customer claims that before the upgrade, he could dial 42810 (which is a hunt pilot number) and the call would be transferred to that number.  When I try this I get the "I did not recognize that as a valid entry".  Do I believe this guy?  To the best of my knowledge, they didn't upgrade Unity.  They upgraded CUCM and IPCC.

Regards,

Steven

That has NEVER been the behavior of Unity. Unity will give you the behavior you're seeing when you attempt to transfer from anything else other than a caller system transfer and the DN you're dialing is not something that is configured in Unity (subscriber, call handler, etc).

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Java is dead on here (+5).  Unless the customer was directing that particular call to the Caller System Transfer then it did not work as described.  Upgrading CUCM would not affect transfers from Unity unless associated dial plan configurations were updated incorrectly as part of the process.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!