cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7.0 plugin with speech recognition?

jimlozano
Level 1
Level 1

Hello folks,

Someone in our organization believes there is a plugin for Unity that can give users with standard Unity mailboxes the unified messaging like ability to access voice mail in their Outlook email inbox and voice recognition to convert voice mail to text. The only product I've been able to find it Unity Connection but I realize that this is a stand alone platform.

We use Unity 7.0(20) without unified messaging.

Any ideas what this person might be refering to?

Thanks.

Jim L.

4 Replies 4

Saurabh Agnihotri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jim,

I don't think there is any such feature available for Unity as of yet. There is a feature called speech connect in Unity Connection version 8 and above that is capable of doing this.

You can read more at the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/release/notes/802cucrn.html#wp649045

-Saurabh

Jim,

This is not a feature available in Unity - it is a Unity Connection feature.  One small correction - the feature in Unity Connection to convert voice to text is called SpeechView (i.e., it is a transcription service).  SpeechConnect provides the voice-enabled Auto Attendant functionality (i.e., a directory handler that allows a user to speak a name as opposed to "spelling" via DTMF).

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

was a typo from my end even though the link points to the speech view

... thanks for the correction.

Saurabh,

I appreciate your reply. Unfortunately the link is not working for me, but I'll search the website for this product.

Thanks.

Jim