Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 2.1 - Automated Attendant

vanwitt
Beginner
Beginner

Hello all,

I need to configure for my customer an AA feature on Cisco Unity Connection 2.1 and I don't find some informations...

The AA is really basic with the following script:

1/ Prompt "welcome to company XXXX, if you know the extension number please dial it or wait for an operator"

2/ Waiting for an extension for 3 seconds

3.1/  Extension number is entered correctly

3.1.1/ Call goes to extension

3.2/ Extension number is wrong

3.2.1/ Call goes to operator

My questions are:

- Is this script done by a call handler or a directory handler? Can we dial an extension during a call handler or must it be a directory handler? What do we need to configure for a call handler to accept the dial by extension feature?

- is the option to reroute call to operator if extension dialed is incorrect native or do we need specific configuration?

Does someone has steps and / or screenshots for the configuration of this kind of basic script?

Many thanks for your help.

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee Hall of Fame Cisco Employee
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

There are hundreds of post on how to create a basic AA with CUC, please search before you ask.

You can use either, most common option is just a call handler.

By default it accepts caller input during the greeting, so there's really no way to configure it for just 3 seconds.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers