cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.x - Announce Alternate Extension using Directory Handler?

adam.caggiano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a client requesting that we use the dial-by-number directory handler to announce back the 10-digit DID of users prior to transferring the call. This way, the outside caller can take down the number and not have to use the directory handler to search for the user the next time they call.

From my own investigation and testing, it does not look like I am going to be able to provide this functionality as there is only the option to announce the extension of the user. The extension is an 8-digit number, which in some cases loosely translates into the 10-digit DID, but in most cases, does not.

I know I could modify the mailboxes to be 10-digit extensions as an alternative, but this is a drastic change for a system with dozens of sites and 3k users.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You've most likely already found that you'd need to assign the 10-digit DID as the extension if you want to do this in Unity Connection.  Otherwise, you'd have to look for an alternative such as using a contact center (UCCX) script (if you have UCCX) or something along those lines.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!