Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5 Basic vs Adv. User

eoinwhite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know the exact differences between basic and advanced users in Unity Connection 8.5?

The ordering guide states that:  "Advanced messaging capabilities like integrated or unified messaging, text-to-speech or advanced speech recognition requires a basic-to-advanced upgrade license."

However is it possible to configure Accept and Relay with a basic user license so that the user will have the message stored in Unity and have a copy emailed to their normal inbox (albeit without MWI synch) or does this fall under the "integratred messaging feature" for an advanced user license?

Regards,

Eoin.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Messaging relay is not considered part of integrated messaging. I also do not believe Message Relay is considered an advanced feature. At least, it isn't part of any advanced user feature list that I have seen. My understanding is advanced user feature bundles allow access to:

• ASR
  • TTS
  • calendaring access
  • IMAP (integrated messaging)
  • Unity inbox web client
  • ViewMail and other mail client plugins

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Messaging relay is not considered part of integrated messaging. I also do not believe Message Relay is considered an advanced feature. At least, it isn't part of any advanced user feature list that I have seen. My understanding is advanced user feature bundles allow access to:

• ASR
  • TTS
  • calendaring access
  • IMAP (integrated messaging)
  • Unity inbox web client
  • ViewMail and other mail client plugins

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Relay is a basic feature which, as you stated, will not provide MWI sync in it's most basic form.  The more elaborate form is the Single Inbox feature which is similar in operation to store and forward message relay but with message synchronization occuring in the background.  Bill is also correct in that integrated messaging and message relay are not related.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!