Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.x - Restricted/unrestricted

Ayaz Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

An upgrade was done a few months ago to Unity Connection 8.5.1 restricted to 8.6.2.  8.5.1 is still in the inactive partition.  What are my options to go back to restricted version.

I was told that I could revert back to 8.5.1 but all changes made after the upgrade to 8.6.2 unrestricted will be lost.  I was also told I could do a back up using COBRAS then restore it to a fresh install of 8.6.2 restricted.

If anyone has encountered this scenario or has any ideas please share.

Thanks,

A.K

5 Replies 5

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ayaz,

the changes made in Active partiton won't get replicated  to inactive partition.

since u are in RST 8.5.1 active partiton  and in the Inactive Partition u have got 8.6.2 UNRST, u can upgarde to RST 8.6.2 .

the reason what I think is that while upgrading, patch looks for version available in Active Partition.

Had there been UNRST in Active Partition, it was not supported to upgrade to RST version.

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074295/102724/862asu3cuc-readme.pdf

With restricted and unrestricted versions of Connection software now available, download software

carefully. Upgrading a restricted version to an unrestricted version is supported, but future upgrades are

then limited to unrestricted versions. Upgrading an unrestricted version to a restricted version is not

supported

Let others advice.

regds,

aman

Thanks for the reply.

Wondering if an unrestricted backup can be restored to a restricted version.

Hello Ayaz,

Nope this restore cannot be performed.

-DaviRojaPec

Hi Ayaz,

As said by David , u need to have exactly the same version.

Before you restore Cisco Unity Connection, ensure that the Cisco Unity Connection version that is installed on the server matches the version of the backup file that you want to restore. The Disaster Recovery System supports only matching versions of Cisco Unity Connection for restore. For example, the Disaster Recovery System does not allow a restore from version 6.1.(1).1000-1 to version 6.1(2).1000-1, or from version 6.1.(2).1000-1 to version 6.1(2).1000-2.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/drs_administration/guide/7xcucdrsag.html#wp41982

regds,

aman

The backup and Restore wont work like David said .. but COBRAS should... and you should be able to restore most of the imp items .. and also go from any to any version .. Just put on a new VM and move licenses if everythign is working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: