Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection alternate greeting

kbaker-mlr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a DDI that hits a hunt pilot with several users, if there is no answer one particular user has an alternate extension within Unity Connection which is the hunt pilot. This works fine and callers get the particular user's personal mailbox.

What we want is a more corporate greeting for the calls coming from the hunt pilot but also the user still requires a personal greeting for their personal calls.

Could someone suggest a way to achieve this please.

We are using CUCMBE version 8.5 with Unity Connection.

Thanks,

Keith

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

If it were me, I would create a call handler and assign it the number of the hunt pilot. Then if you still want one individual to receive the voice messages then you make that particular subscriber the message recipient. If you want that message to go to multiple people then create a distribution list and make that list the message recipient.

If you go this route then you will have to take the alternate extension off of the subscribers account of course. Make sense?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

If it were me, I would create a call handler and assign it the number of the hunt pilot. Then if you still want one individual to receive the voice messages then you make that particular subscriber the message recipient. If you want that message to go to multiple people then create a distribution list and make that list the message recipient.

If you go this route then you will have to take the alternate extension off of the subscribers account of course. Make sense?

Thanks Tracy, that worked a treat :)

Great! One thing to remember with call handlers - they are nice to use becuase they dont chew up a license but if you need to change the greeting on them they are a bit of a pain in the rump. You will have to make a subscriber the owner of it that is going to change the greeting. In that subscribers setup you would assign one of the caller input options to "Greetings Administrator". Then the person that wants to change the greeting on the call handler pushes their messages button, then whatever input option you assigned to be the greetings adminstrator. From there they log in, then they pop in the number of the call handler they own to change the greeting on.