Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Auto Attendant direct to voice mail, MWI issue

Chanh Thao
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

First time encountering this issue with call transfer from AA and MWI.

An Auto Attendant have been setup for a branch office.  All employees at  the Branch office phones are assigned a DID.

Customers can dial the 10 digit or  dial the main line (auto attendant) and then dial the last 4 digit extension to reach the employee.

Problem I am having is there is a range of numbers that when being transferred from AA, goes directly to voicemail.   Also when there is a message  left on the voicemail, the MWI is not lit.  It does show the envelope icon and the  message "you have vociemail" on the phone display.

I can call the DID directly and it does not go directly to voicemail but MWI is still not on when a message is left.

This only happens within a range of numbers..  for example, I have 50 DID assigned to this office from XXX-XXX-0100 to XXX-XXX-0150.   Only the phones within the range of XXX-XXX-0120 to XXX-XXX-0130 have this issue with the AA going directly to vociemail and MWI not on when a message is left.

For phones outside this range of numbers, AA transfer works fine and MWI works.

anyone ran into this issue before?

thank in advance.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For call from AA going to VM, check the transfer settings for those mailboxes.

For MWI, have you already checked the basics?? CSS, partitions, etc?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

The range in which you are facing issue is  XXX-XXX-0120 to XXX-XXX-0130, just try to open any  one of the extension in this range and go to edit -- transfer rules -- standard/alternate (if alternate is enabled) -- Transfer calls -- may be this is set to Greetings. If so the transferred call goes to voicemail directly. Try enabling Extension.

Just try this for one extension and see...

Hope this helps, i had the same issue.

Regards

Jagadish G