Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connetion Dial-by-Extension issue

Asad Raza
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I am trying to configure a basic Auto Attendant using the built-in greeting menu. The issue I am having is that when I get to the greeting menu, I am asked to "dial an extension at any time." When I dial the number, I hear "Sorry, <username> is not available. Record your message at the tone..." The way I want this to function is that when I dial the extension of the user, it should ring the phone first, and after the defined number of rings if the phone is not answered, the call goes to voicemail.

I checked the Standard transfer rule and the only two options I have under this option are "Greeting" and "Extension." Neither of the two seem to be applicable to what I am trying to achieve. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 Replies 3

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you enabled 'Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers' ? If not, plz enable it.

Suresh

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I do have that option checked. Actually, I just resolved the issue. It turns out, the VM ports did not have a CSS assigned. I've assigned a CSS to them containing partitions for all user extensions that should be reachable through Unity Connection. Thanks for your help anyway!

Regards,

Asad Raza

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
That is defined under the transfer settings of the individual subscriber, you define of they hear the greeting, or ring the phone
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate