Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity/Exchange Error Event ID: 29021 Source: CiscoUnity_AvWm

Shannon Sutter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am running Unity 7.0.2 and Exchange 2010.

I have experienced this situation for the past years or since I can remember.

I usually receive the attached error every time after exchange gets patch or reboot or somehow after exchange loses temporary connectivity with Unity.

The error messages will not stop until I restart manually Unity Services and if I don't do it, users will experience false WMI on their phones most of the time and some delays I might not be aware of.

I would like to know if there is a workaround for this, or something I can configure for Unity to fix itself every time exchange/unity get interrupted.

Sometimes patches are installed late afternoon, and my inbox gets flooded with the same unity error message (like 5 per hour) until I restart the services.

I've tried to get more information regarding this error at "Cisco Unity Error Message Finder" site but looks like is having some sort of mysql problems at the moment and isn't helpful.

Any help is welcome,

Thanks!!

Here is the error message:

Event Type:       Warning

Event Source:     CiscoUnity_AvWm

Event Category:   Warning

Event ID:         29021

Date:             2012/03/14

Time:             07:22:20

User:             N/A

Computer:         UNITY

Description:      

A MAPI function call to the Microsoft Exchange server took 42437 milliseconds, which exceeds the system threshold of 5000 milliseconds. The most likely causes are an overloaded Exchange server or poor network connectivity to the Exchange server. This is likely to affect the operation of the Cisco Unity server in a number of ways, including slow response or delays during phone calls, ports getting stuck or not answering calls, and Unity failover if a secondary server is active.

To troubleshoot this problem, enable all AvWM micro traces using the Cisco Unity Diagnostic Tool (UDT), and investigate the Exchange server for high system load and other indications that maintainance is required. For more information, please consult the Troubleshooting Guide For Cisco Unity with Microsoft Exchange.

Technical Details:

Method IMAPISession::OpenMsgStore (returned 0x8004011D) Exchange Server: EXCHANGE Outstanding Server MAPI Requests: 0 Parent Process: AvUMRSyncSvr.exe

Notes:             All Cisco Unity Errors

1 Reply 1

davrojas
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Zeek,

I understand you receive this Warning message after Exchange has been rebooted, and that is only solved by rebooting Unity.

This is completely expected to happen and is addressed as you stated. The reason is because Unity needs to build a new profile on the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Unity System Profile

And only after rebooting it proceeds to complete.

Regards,

David Peck.