cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity: Greetings, to Speak with Operator or Take Message.

matthewbrown
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

A client of mine has ask me if they can have a greeting which plays after the users standard greeting that say something like "To speak with the operator press zero or hold to leave a message". Using Caller Input I can configure the zero to transfer to the operator/switch, but there is no way that I can assign an additional generic greeting which tells the caller what the options are.

I have been playing around with call handlers and after the caller hears the user greeting I have been able to send the caller to a system call hander which says "To speak with the operator press zero or hold to leave a message". However the take message option records the message from the system handler as opposed to the user.

Is it possible to do this kind of thing in Unity Connection? When I call other clients that are running Zeacom or ExchangeUM I have been presented with this kind of greeting/input after the user greeting plays.

Any help or advice is appreciated! Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jhitt-limited
Level 4
Level 4

I know Unity Connection 8.0 has the post greeting recording option for users.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jhitt-limited
Level 4
Level 4

I know Unity Connection 8.0 has the post greeting recording option for users.

This has been doing my head in so thank you jhitt. The client is running version 7 so this all makes sense now. As per release notes of 8.0(2c) post greetings recording are available.