Views
Helpful
Replies

universal boot mechanism,The universal application loader,

sarahr202
Level 5
Level 5

Hi everybody.

I am trying to understand the difference between newer Universal application loader and older universal boot mechanism.

I understand the how universal application loader works. For example:

Universal application loader employs hunt logarithm to search configuration files in following order:

1. CTLSEP MAC File—For example, CTLSEP003094C25D2E.tlv.

2. SEP MAC File—For example, SEP003094C25D2E.cnf.xml.

3. SIP MAC File—For example, SIP003094C25D2E.cnf.

4. MGCP MAC File—For example, MGC003094C25D2E.cnf.

5. XML Default File—For example, XMLDefault.cnf.xml.

6. SIP Default File—For example, SIPDefault.cnf.

7. MGCP Default File—For example, MGC

Universal boot mechanism:

A quote from a Cisco link:

Original Boot Mechanism for Firmware Image Selection

A protocol boot mechanism is used to select the firmware image. During  the phone bootup, regardless of protocol, the first file requested is  the OS79XX.TXT file. The OS79XX.TXT file includes a line that contains  the image name of the protocol that you select to run. For example, the  image should read P003xxyyzzww for SCCP, P0S3-xx-y-zz for SIP, or  P0M3-xx-y-zz for MGCP.

The phone uses the first four characters in the image name of the  OS79XX.TXT file to determine how to load the image. If the first four  characters match, the universal boot mechanism is bypassed and the phone  continues with its current protocol boot sequence. However, if the  first four characters do not match (namely the third digit, which  represents the protocol), the universal boot mechanism will attempt to  load the new protocol image that has been defined in the OS79XX.TXT  file.

My question is :  Does universal boot mechanism search the files in the same order as universal application loader once it has been determined an firmware upgrade is needed ?

Thanks and have a great day.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: