Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade a Cisco Phone

ali nasser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have one issues with extension mobility, I upgrade a cluster from 7.1.3 to 8.0.3 but I face license issues so I sweptback to old version which is 7.1.3 every thing working find except extension mobility I am trying to press the services button but no action happened and all the phones are upgraded to a new firmware 9.0.3 I reset the EM feature services also I reset complete cluster the same issues,I download  a new firmware for the phones but its not upgrading the existing phone when I plug the new phone its upgrading and the extension mobility working fine and for the existing phone I upgraded as follow, I Disconnect and connect the network and press # for 2 sec and press 123456789*0# the phone will start upgrading but I have more than 300 phone sets.

HOW CAN I UPGRADE ALL THE EXISTING PHONE SETS

Phone type (7975,9971)

Please advise

Regards

Ali Nasser

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe you have two separate problems:

1. Existing phones are not upgrading or downgrading firmware as desired but a brand new phone upgrades normally.

How did you install the newer/older firmware file on the UCM cluster?

Does the device have a specific firmware load declared on it's configuration? This would override the cluster default firmware load if set.

2. Extension Mobility and other services are not working on existing phones.

Does the new phone you plugged in for the first time after reverting to 7.1 work if you try using Extension Mobility?

On an existing phone if you go to Settings > Security Configuration, do you see a TVS file option? If so, try erasing it after pressing **# to unlock the config on the phone. Once erased the phone will reboot.

Hi Ali,

this should help u in upgrading the 7975 phones -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/8_5_3/english/release/notes/7900_853.html

Note#

For all SCCP firmware upgrades from  firmware release versions earlier than 8.3(3) to version 8.5(3) or  greater, you must first upgrade your firmware to version 8.5(2). Once  you have upgraded to version 8.5(2), you can upgrade your IP Phone to  version 8.5(3) or later.

Regards

Thomas Dominic

P.S. Please rate helpfull posts