Views
Helpful
Replies

URL Authentication | CUCM 8.5.1

latintrpt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a question about the URL Authentication parameter in CUCM 8.5.1.  I have a 3rd party vendor that has a client that pushes pages and alerts to our 7925G's.  They have an end user setup for authentication in Call Manager and in their program.  The paging and alerts are working just fine right now.

Currently our URL Authentication is pointing to our Publisher.  We had an issue where the publisher went down and alerts and pages were not being received on the phones any longer.  We came to the conclusion that this was happening because the URL Authentication parameter was only set to point to the publisher. 

In the vendors program they have defined more than one Call Manager for redundancy purposes.  On the Call Manager side it doesn't look to be that easy.  The URL Authentication only allows for one Call Manager to be defined.  How can I make this redundant?

http://x.x.x.x:8080/ccmcip/authenticate.jsp

Thank You

-Tito

2 Replies 2

latintrpt
Level 1
Level 1

any ideas?

Thanks

Use DNS, or similar technologies you have at hand to point to a single url, but balance/failover to several servers in the backend

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate