cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User able to call STD without "0" in route pattern in India.

Debabrata Majhi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Happy Christmass

Recently TRAI allow in INDIA STD call without any "0".We have CUCM cluster.When user are calling any STD no  and no need to put "0".

We have following route pattern

0.0[1-9]XXXXXXXXX STD STANDARD(Land and Mobile) 
0.[789]XXXXXXXXX Local Mobile
0.03[3]XXXXXXXX LOCAL LAND

Problem: User able to call any mobile no with route pattern Local Mobile as the no start with (7/8/9).Now How can I protect the STD mobile call ?

Because the call rate is different than local

Regards

Debabrata Majhi

5 Replies 5

Hi,

Is there any numbering range that you can use to differentiate local from standard mobile calls?

Please let me know 

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo/Debabrata,

I dont think we can differentiate it that easily. There are certain number ranges for a particular local circle but this is definitely going to be quite complex as there are multiple service providers and they are adding new ranges every now and then. On top of this, they have also introduced number portability which allows an user to retain the number and move to different circle (STD).

Thanks,

Rajan

For time being, you can segregate all local circle numbers for each provider and create patterns for each of them in CUCM in local partition and leaving 0.[1-9]XXXXXXXXX pattern in STD partition. Check for any newly added number ranges periodically and add corresponding patterns.

I see below are the ranges currently for your circle from airtel and vodafone:

http://www.xombom.com/mobile/vodafone-mobile-numbers/west-bengal/

http://www.xombom.com/airtel-mobile-number-series-in-west-bengal-at-wb

But this is definitely going to be a big issue which needs to be addressed.

HTH

Rajan

Hare are the case details:

User can take his Mobile no in any state as Mobile No portability(MNP).Problem is how can I identified that this is a Local No and This is a STD no.?

Please read this article:

One of the main technical problem of full MNP was STD dialing pattern. At present, STD numbers can only be dialed by adding either ‘0’ or ‘+91? as the prefix. But post full MNP STD and local numbers cannot be differentiated and should have same dialing pattern. These changes require configuration modifications in each of the operator nodes and operators had sorted more time to implement this before full MNP. DoT had recently given two months extension for operators to implement full MNP on grounds of these technical issues.

As per the latest deadline set by DoT, full MNP will be implemented in the country by July. A full MNP will allow the subscribers to move from one mobile networks to other in any telecom circles in the country. So customer can retain his mobile number in any part of the country without paying for roaming charges.

Regards

Debabrata Majhi

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Since you can't simply identify between local and std mobile call, users which are allowed to make local mobile call will be able to make std mobile calls as well. Moreover it will be difficult now to use different route list for local and std calls in case you have separate gateways for such calls hence best option in that scenario is to check with your TELCO and negotiate the same calling rates for both local and std mobile calls.

- Vivek