cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User assigned to wrong IMP Server after LDAP Sync

krizvite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have two server in Cluster, HA not setup. In Presence Redundancy Groups are both servers configured. 

When I add in AD new user and sync LDAP Dir. the user will apper in the Subsriber and I have to manually assign him to IMP publisher.

I checked Feature Group Templates and we have service profile configured where is just the publisher. 

Does anybody idea why new users are assigned by subscriber?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sankar Voleti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,
The user assignment is based on 'System > Enterprise Parameters > User Management Parameters > User Assignment Mode for Presence Server' option CUCM which is set to 'Balanced' by default. So, users will be assigned to both the presence servers in a round-robin fashion. If you prefer the users to be assigned only to the primary node, then you can chance the above setting to 'Active-Standby' so that all future users will be assigned to the first node only. If you want the new LDAP user to be assigned to the primary node, you can do so via User Management > Assign Presence Users option in CUCM administration page to move the userid manually to that node.

Hope it is useful. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Sankar

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Sankar Voleti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,
The user assignment is based on 'System > Enterprise Parameters > User Management Parameters > User Assignment Mode for Presence Server' option CUCM which is set to 'Balanced' by default. So, users will be assigned to both the presence servers in a round-robin fashion. If you prefer the users to be assigned only to the primary node, then you can chance the above setting to 'Active-Standby' so that all future users will be assigned to the first node only. If you want the new LDAP user to be assigned to the primary node, you can do so via User Management > Assign Presence Users option in CUCM administration page to move the userid manually to that node.

Hope it is useful. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Sankar