cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Users with name starting with S and above unable to login to Extension Mobility

Lucas Phelps
Level 5
Level 5

I'm having the weirdest issue with users who have names starting with 'S' and above in the alphabet.

Their extension mobility profile is configured, usually with the format 'Firstname LastName'.

So user 'Robert Redford' can login to their Cisco phone using username rredford and it has the 'Robert Redford' EM profile assigned to him..works fine.

For a user with a name starting with S, such as Sam Walton or Tommy Tuna, they Extension Mobility fails with error:  Login is unavailable (205)  Login Unsuccessful.

Weirdest problem, CUCM 11.5

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lucas Phelps
Level 5
Level 5

Follow up from TAC:

The problem was that on each user higher in the alphabet, the 'Home Cluster' checkbox was NOT checked on their End User settings page. 

We have our CUCM importing users from Active Directory and that isn't a setting we normally have to change, it's usually enabled for us.  For these users later in the alphabet, it's failing to enable the Home Cluster checkbox, preventing users from logging into Extension Mobility.

I still don't know the particular bug/cause for why these users are not being enabled by default during the user creation process, but I was able to do a BULK update on my users and check the setting for everyone.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If that really is the source of the problem, I'd open a TAC to have that looked at.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Lucas Phelps
Level 5
Level 5

Follow up from TAC:

The problem was that on each user higher in the alphabet, the 'Home Cluster' checkbox was NOT checked on their End User settings page. 

We have our CUCM importing users from Active Directory and that isn't a setting we normally have to change, it's usually enabled for us.  For these users later in the alphabet, it's failing to enable the Home Cluster checkbox, preventing users from logging into Extension Mobility.

I still don't know the particular bug/cause for why these users are not being enabled by default during the user creation process, but I was able to do a BULK update on my users and check the setting for everyone.

Thanks for posting what was happening, that does sound like a very weird behavior if it just chooses not to enable the home cluster checkbox when it comes to a certain point in the alphabet.

I configured LDAP with the base 11.5, and I do have some users with S and above, and they have the home cluster enabled.
Now I'm on 11.5.1.13901-3 but I haven't imported new users.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate