cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using ALT phone extension

mullenjb11
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question about the best way to handle this phone line. It has external line with a system call handler and that works you call the number and it puts you into menu for the various people but the issue is there is a internal extension for same phone so it rings 4 times and goes to the standard please leave a voice message I cannot find where to point to the system call handler like the external number does I looked at the use alt extension options but keeps going to standard default. I look forward to the response and Thanks for the help in advance.

3 Replies 3

I am not sure if I understand what you need. Do you mean that you have a system call handler which you want it to be accessible from external and internal phones? Then alternate extension is the easiest way to go as you said. Now whats the problem

Correct but when I tell unity to use alternate and use the extension for the system call handler it just ignores and goes to standard please leave a message and not the call handler from internal extension

Is your direct call routing rule ( which sends the call to system call handler) configured to match the alternate extension as well? I am assuming its configured to match the external number of the call handler.