Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Jabber from outside orgnization

Hi

Actually I have 2 questions

1- is there any specific field I should enable for End users using jabber from outside at end user field  or it the same like people from inside

i am enabled these fields

* Enabled User for Unified CM IM and Presence (Configure IM and Presence in the associated UC Service Profile)

* i enabled the right UC Service Profile

* i enabled the roles too

is there any special field for end users want to use from outside organization

2- i integrate 4 LDAP directories with CUCM , is there anyway to know the end user is taking from which directory

6 Replies 6

There is no difference in how to setup users. From what I know you can not see what directory source an individual user derives from.

Response Signature

actually the issue for me is that

smart phones are working perfectly from inside and outside but desktops just working from inside , from outside i can login successfully but phone services are not working and not registered to CUCM

i got this message connection to phone service failed

by the way i tried once with VPN it is working fine 

in the second question i have some users are included in 2 directories so i want to know from which directory came is there anyway to know this

thanks in advance

Sound like you'd need to look at your MRA setup and see why this fails for desktop clients. For the second question my answer is still the same as I wrote before. There is no way that you can see what directory a users originates from in CM. I guess you'll just have to check this in the source.

If you'd want to be inventive you could for any new users that are brought into CM have different access groups created in the LDAP sync configuration pane.

image.png

By that you should be able to see what directory the user originates from. Please note that this only applies to any new users brought in, it will not in affect any users that are already in place by synchronization in CM. For those you'd have to bulk update this and for that you need to find out from the directory source what directory each users originates from.

Response Signature

Actually the issue i am facing for the same end user , and he is fine when he use his smart phone from outside organization but when he used used PC is not working unless he uses VPN

If it is affecting one single user it is quite likely related to something specific on that computer. Can the same user login with his/hers account on another computer?

One suggestion, it is not very easy to provide you with detailed help as you select to share small portions of the whole picture one piece at a time. If you expect us to give you targeted advice please share as much details as possible upfront so that we can give you the help needed.

Response Signature

Actually the issue I'm facing when I connect jabber windows from outside organization for all users it not connecting  even though these users are able to connect from outside organization with their jabber soft phones (android - I phone)

And also one more thing from inside jabber windows working fine and also I tried from out side when I enable VPN also I could connect and phone services are working fine  with windows jabber seems that I can't connect windows jabber from outside in the other hand all Android I phone working fine from in and outside 

Note 

The I could connect with username and password  from cisco jabber from outside but the issue is phone services not working

Thanks in advance