cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using PLK to manually control Unity Schedule?

Fraz WestAus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, first time poster here!

Briefly, I'm an end user, please forgive me if I get something wrong. My employer uses CUCM and Unity Connection (I think its somewhere in the 10.5 to 11.0 version). Hoping to get an idea if this is possible before I approach IT/Telecom as the answers I get from them can be wildly different depending on the consultant.

I'm wanting to have an Auto-Attendant configured (might actually be two), being Day and Night, which offer different options.

I'm aware Unity has a schedule system that could be used to switch between Standard and Closed, but we require the flexibility of manually controlling which AA is currently active. We have two 8851 Reception phones that are staffed "business hours", and a 7841 that is staffed 24x7.

Is it possible to use a Programmable Line Key for this? It would show on these 3 phones, be labelled "Night Mode" or similar, illuminating the PLK when Night AA is active, and one press would switch between Day and Night AA.

I really appreciate any input or other suggestions you may have, hoping to keep this as simple as possible, without using a web portal or unnecessarily difficult feature code.

Cheers!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, AFAIK there is no such option available that you can change the AA manually from the phone. This works with the Unity schedules. You cant control this from a phone line button.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

No, AFAIK there is no such option available that you can change the AA manually from the phone. This works with the Unity schedules. You cant control this from a phone line button.

Response Signature

Fraz WestAus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nithin, thanks for your input. That is unfortunate.

A previous (retail store) employer used to have a function access code where we would dial *2100 and receive a prompt (Press 1 to open the store, press 2 to close the store), which would switch the main IVR between Store Open and Store Closed. Would you know what this function/feature would be called?

Another alternative we could work with, is it possible to have the 24x7 phone remotely call forward the reception line?