Views
Helpful
Replies

voice interruptions

suthomas1
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

We have a 7825 with 7970 phone's. users are facing interruptions when making a call outside using the isdn line.

The person on other side are not able to hear the users properly during this.

Please help with how to troubleshoot this?

thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have removed my posting due to the fact it had been low rated, and will not post again here. Thanks.

my sincere apologies. I didnt mean that way.

I thought i'll be rating it higher after the next post. my bad.

please do help me

Dear

please share more information , this a problem of one way call issue . Share tha configuration of your cisco gatwway the codecs which are used.Also you need to check the below

1. Check if IP routing is enabled on the gateway that you are using
  2. Determine if the VoIP subsystem is enabled signaling such as H.323 or MGCP,
  3. Check IP address configurations on gateway interfaces Another common occurrence of one-way audio appears on Cisco IOS software H.323 voice gateways that have more than one data interface, such as a gateway that has both an Ethernet connection to the LAN and a serial connection to the WAN. When an H.323 gateway is configured in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, you configure a specific IP address. Cisco Unified Communications Manager always uses this IP address for all its signaling to the gateway; however, Cisco IOS software voice gateways by default use the IP address of the interface that is closest to the destination. This could be a problem if Unified Communications Manager is connected via one interface and the device to which the RTP audio stream is destined for is connected to a different interface. To force the voice gateway to always use the same IP address, configure the h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr ip-address command on the interface that you are using for signaling on the Cisco IOS software voice gateway. Make sure this is the same IP address configured in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration. Failure to do so could result in one-way audio when the gateway tries to use a different source interface than the one configured in Unified Communications Manager.
  4. Configure voice rtp send-recv command on the gateway .
  5. Check if you have a firewall , you have to enable VOIP ports

Thank you

Please rate if this will help.

Configure

network-clock-select 1 e1 0/0/0