Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Multisite Distributed setup

Jinoymk101
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am very new in Cisco Voice world, So I wish to prepare a lab for Multisite Distributed Call processing(Two independent CUCM in two Site).

For this lab do we need Voice gateway for this, if its need what are the configuration we need.

Please give me steps for this lab.

I will be really helpful.

3 Replies 3

Hi Jinoy.

To manage call processing between to indipendent cluster, a SIP trunk between them is enough.

You will need a Voice gateway (one per site) if you want to connect your clusters to the PSTN or to a SIP provider and , in this case, a voice gateway with CUBE  functionality is highly recommended.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo,

Thank you for good response, throguh PSTN is fine,

As a lab I wish to do this task throguh WAN link only. So I beilive we need to use VoIP Peer...

Will you please give me the steps or good link for MultiSite distributed setup through WAN link.

As answered properly by Carlo (+5) you do not need any dial-peers on a gw to have 2 CUCM clusters talk to each other, either build a SIP trunk on each side to point to the other or Intercluster trunk (if CUCM is older than 8.X). Then build Route Patterns pointing to the SIP trunks via preferably Route List --> Route Group --> SIP trunk.

HTH,

Chris