Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Configuration in CME 2951 - ISM-SRE-300-K9

abhisar patil
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I want to configure the voicemail in CME 2951. I have got ISM-SRE-300-K9 with 5 voicemail license. I need some configuration steps which I can follow.

If required I can share the show tech as well. Please help on the same.

Thank You,

Abhisar.

24 Replies 24

Create a separate MWI DNs for on and off like below.

ephone-dn  100

number 8280 no-reg primary

mwi off

!

!

ephone-dn  101

number 8281 no-reg primary

mwi on

Thanks

Manish

Dear Aman/Manish,

Thank you for your help. I have configured the Voicemail and its working fine.

Only thing is there is no message indicator when there is a Voicemail. I have configured as suggested in last reply.

Thank You,

Abhisar.

Hi Abhisar,

Sorry I forgot to mentioned ext length digits on MWI.

You need to configure like this "number 8280....." , where four dots ( .... ) indicates extension length.

Check this link for MWI troubleshooting.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unity-express/60081-unity-mwi-problems.html

Thanks

Manish

Dear Manish,

Yes, I will go through the document. Just want to know that dots .... means extension of voicmail?

Thank You,

Abhisar.

No.

ephone-dn  44
 number 11099.....
 mwi on
!
!
ephone-dn  45
 number 11098.....
 mwi off
!

This output illustrates some important information. The number for MWI       on is 11099. The number for MWI off is 11098. The number of digits in the dial       plan is five. (The five dots [.....] that follow       the MWI on or off code show this.) In other words, MWI only works for a       directory number (DN) that contains exactly five digits.

Thanks

Manish

Dear Manish,

Ok, I got it. I will do the same and let you know.

Thank You,

Abhisar.

mostafa_adam
Level 1
Level 1

I need to buy licenses for the same module installed on the same router. could you please advise the purchasing process and the price?

Thank you

Mostafa

Hi Mostafa,

In order to buy licenses, depending on the local area, most likely you will need to contact your local Cisco Account Manager or any local company who is a Cisco Reseller (most like Cisco Partners) and they can advise you how to get the licenses.

In some cases you can also buy it online directly from cisco or from companies like amazon.com or newegg.com, however your local cisco reseller would be your best bet.

HTH

Please rate all helpful posts.

Thank you Wilson. This is helpful 

CISCO171346
Level 1
Level 1

Can we configure Interactive Voice Response (IVR) functionalities in Cisco CME 2951