Views
Helpful
Replies

voip project

Geormili
Level 1
Level 1

Hello...

i am new in all this stuff (voip) and i have to do a project for the university.

What i have to do is to connect two ip phones in order to place a call

between this wo phone (cisco 7905 )

the hardware that i have is a cisco router( 1700 series) a cisco switch( catalyst 2950 series) a cisco pc (MCS 7800 series) with windows 2000 and call manager 3.3.

I don't need o make any outcoming calls or incoming . only calls from one phone to the other.

What i managed to do until know is to connect all this stuf and to configure the call manager and DHCP but i must has done something wrong...

The ip phones passes alla the tests ( configuring ip via DHCP etc.) but after all this the phones then restarts and do all this from the begining....

i have read deferent thinks on the internet but i just confused more.

can someone guide me one what to read and in witch ored i have to do think (for example if (and somewhere to read how) i have to configure DHCP first an then CCM (i did it in this order) what i have to configure in CCM and in witch order etc.  ?

P.S sry for my english (it's being a long time since i last wrote something in english)

17 Replies 17

thnks everyone for the help...

i had to do manual ip confiugration as armit said and everythink works fine know....

gohlex8848
Level 1
Level 1

Hi George,

Basically for this simple setup, I don't think a router is needed.

Since you confirmed the DHCP is working fine, then what you can do to test Is directly connect the two IP phone to the 2950 switch and of course the Call manager server in the same switch too.

Make sure the phone is getting the ip from dhcp server with the option 150 too (you can press the setting button on the phone and check the network detail)

Once the phone is able to get the ip address, then u can go into call manager to verify that you have the correct mac address added under the Phone device. Once it says phone is registered, then u can proceed configured directory number and so on.

Let me know how is it going

Cheers,
Alex

the reason i have to use the router is because it supports SRST (Cisco® Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony) but i'll try with out it to see if it works and then i'll try to do it with the router...

thanks for your answers. i'll try everything you told me and i'll be back with good news i hope....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: