Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP

Hello everyone i hope all are fine , i need help regarding this photo i am new to this track and i was assigned a task to add these licenses but i don't know how to add them or how to configure the telephones so if anyone can help i would be very grateful thanks in advance VO-IP.jpg

7 Replies 7

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

So what have you received?  You should have a PDF showing a PAK (Product Authorisation Key) and a security PIN.  Possibly more than one and maybe in a ZIP file.

Are you installing the Expressways, or just CUCM?

How far have you progress in your installation, is it all ready except for the licensing?

thanks for your help i did not receive anything yet to be honest i do not know when we will start this project all what i know that there are 30 IP-Phones which will be added to the CUCM and they will be licensed at the PLM if you can tell me how to this i would be so grateful thanks in advance ...

thanks for your help i did not receive anything yet to be honest i do not know when we will start this project all what i know that there are 30 IP-Phones which will be added to the CUCM and they will be licensed at the PLM if you can tell me how to this i would be so grateful thanks in advance ...

OK so when the order is processed or delivered, you should receive either a bunch of PDFs with the PAKs, maybe in a zip file.  Or you'll receive an email with a link to access and download the order yourself.   The PDF will have instructions for how to register the licences, but in fact your CUCM will run for 60 days (I think it's 60) even if you have more phones than licences, it will just bitch about it all the time as a reminder.

Just from memory, you register the PAK and install the licence by first getting a licence request from PLM, then go to Cisco licensing web site, enter the PAK and the licence request.  You then get the licence file to download, and you can upload that into PLM.

That's the licensing.  To add the phones into CUCM so that work is a different matter, normally you'd use Bulk Admin to add batches of phones.

many thanks for your attention and help i am so grateful and i hope if you can provide me with a video or a pdf on how to add new devices on the CUCM and how to add their license on the PLM thanks in advance ..

Here's a link to some stuff about PLM in version 10.x.   See the link to user guide near the bottom of the first post ..

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/licensing-cucm-10-x-using-cisco-prime-license-manager/ta-p/3139340

Here's a video on BAT, note that I never use the .xlt template, I just create my own CSV file format.  If you're lucky there may already be a suitable phone template on your system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a52zxo6A5xs

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have never deployed any of this, you really want to hire a reputable consultant or a Cisco partner with voice specializations to get assistance with this. There are a lot of things that you need a very good understanding to deploy a UC solution that won't have problems down the line.

Not sure why that shows 10.x, no one should be doing any new deployments with 10.x and should be deploying 11.5 at minimum right now.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate