cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the best way to replace ephone numbers ?

ggerald
Level 1
Level 1

The person who set up my 2901-k9 made ephone numbers the same as dn extension numbers, 101, 102, 103....

I have finally figured out that is why ephone numbers higher than 35 do not show up in the GUI. The max-ephone is set to 35. That is the 2901 limit so I am pretty sure I can not just increase the max-ephone to 135 without problems. 

Is there a way to change the ephone numbers to 1-35 other than deleting and reprogramming 20 people line by line??

{CME 8.0; IOS 15.4; OBTW some phones I added with ephone numbers below 35 show up fine in GUI, so it is working.}

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scripting is basically writing the text you will be pasting into the router session to update many lines at once, just like you pointed out. You build it in a text editor and just copy and paste to the route session i.e. SSH.  Try it our with 2 lines first to get comfortable. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The ephone-tags cannot be changed, if you need to change them for whatever reason (they are just tags and the number has no bearing on anything else) you can simply identify which tag is assigned to which ephone, create a config script to remove all ephone-dns from the ephones, remove the ephone-dns and then re-add the ephone-dns with new tags and lastly update the ephones with new ephone-dns. The paste of new config will take few seconds, phones will reset and should be pretty painless.

OK. I'm don't know what "scripting" is and am pretty sure I don't want to
know more than I already do about CLI. Can I past something like this all at
once in CLI rather than I line at a time?

no ephone-dn 122

no ephone 122

ephone-dn 3 octo-line

number 122

label name - 122

description yyyyyy

name xxx wwww

call-forward busy 200

call-forward noan 200 timeout 30

hold-alert 30 originator

ephone 3

mac-address 0026.99ED.xxxx

type 7962

button 1:3

Scripting is basically writing the text you will be pasting into the router session to update many lines at once, just like you pointed out. You build it in a text editor and just copy and paste to the route session i.e. SSH.  Try it our with 2 lines first to get comfortable.