cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what is this CUCM device and why is the number masked?

mrsbccd
Level 1
Level 1

I  need some help.

I am new and not sure what is going on. I was looking at some reports and noticed a lot of abandoned calls to a particular extension in our call manager.

I tried tracing it and got nowhere. The report shows the calling number as one of our numbers, it's probably being masked somewhere. The report shows the device as one of the following: Circuit 05IPMX202830-GTEW, or Circuit 05IPMX203439-GTEW. The report was generated from Variphy, on cisco, the calling device shows as our gateway.

So my first question is are these "Circuit 05IPMX202830-GTEW," or "Circuit 05IPMX203439-GTEW" the circuits from our carrier coming into our gateway?

Second, how can I find where these calls are being masked?

Appreciated any feedback.

2 Replies 2

beverlymomo
Level 1
Level 1

Circuit 05IPMX202830-GTEW and Circuit 05IPMX203439-GTEW likely refer to specific circuits or trunks connected to your gateway or Call Manager. These are probably the lines from your carrier coming into your organization's telephony system.

To find where the calls are being masked, try checking your Call Manager and gateway configurations for any unusual call forwarding rules or masking features.

Thanks.

That's what I figured on the device.

I don't see any forwarding happening, calls are going straight from the gateway to the extension.