Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What model phone am I supposed to have? cp-7841-3pcc or cp-7841-k9

This is so confusing to me.  I have both models (as far as I'm aware, it is possible that the second time I purchased these phones I was sent the wrong model) and they look and behave exactly the same.  I have no intention to use Call Manager, or any 3rd party PBX service.  I want two phones, in the same subnet, that can call each other directly using their IP addresses. Is this not possible?

I believe I have both models but I can't be certain because the outside markings are exactly the same.  I believe the first phone I bought is the CP-7841-K9; which I think is the wrong model based on the information provided in this thread: https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/help-i-can-t-configure-a-sip-line-on-cisco-phone-cp-7841-without/m-p/3373138#M362139

So I went to Amazon and ordered the cp-7841-3pcc model and just received it today.  But both phones look and behave exactly the same.  When it boots up it's asking to "Enter activation code or service domain".  I don't know how to get past this screen.  From what I understand, I can't simply flash the firmware to get the multi-platform firmware.  And for that reason, I bought another phone.

Phone information as shown on the LCD for the first phone that I bought is as follows:

Model Number: CP-7841

Active Load: sip78xx.12-0-1-11

Last Upgrade: 9/6/17 16:24

Active Server: None

Stand-by-Server: None

Phone information as shown on the LCD for the second phone that I bought is as follows:

Model Number: CP-7841

Active Load: sip78xx.12-0-1-11

Last Upgrade: 9/6/2017 16:24

Active Server: None

Stand-by-Server: None

I bought this phone at the following location: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I9UAZBG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How do I know if they've sent me the wrong model if they both seem to have the exact same markings on the back?  Do I need to return these phones?

15 Replies 15

Reach out to your IT department or site admin for that request.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate