cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Who can help me at converter from format audio.wav and audio.au to IVR voice Prompt for Unity Express

LUIS TUSEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Who can help me at converter a format from audio.wav to IVR voice Prompt for Cisco Unity Express. So when I try to upload a audio.wav of 1.65 mb at the Unity Express, I got the message like this "audio file too large, maximun size is 1 mb". I want to record a audio.wav and a audio.au  more small, How can I do that? What software can I use for recording of prompt audio for the Cisco Unity Express, with format: u-law, 8bit, mono?

I have a audio.wav  (Format: WAV Microsoft, encoding: U-Law)  and a audio.au (encoding: U-Law, Format: AU Sun/Next)

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hello Luis

To apply a new prompt for your AA you have two methods:-

1-Create a .wav file with the following format: G.711 u-law, 8 kHz, 8 bit, Mono. The file cannot be larger than 1 MB (about 2 minutes). After recording the greeting, use the GUI option Voice Mail > Prompts > Upload or try g to Cisco Unity Express CLI ccn copy command to copy the file in to the Cisco Unity Express system using ftp server . 

2-Use the AvT on the TUI to record the greeting or prompt. Dial the AvT telephone number and select the option to record a greeting. When finished recording, save the file. AvT automatically saves the file in Cisco Unity Expres

You can try also other tool to change the your greeting " Administration via telephone (AVT) system":The Administration via Telephone System telephone user interface allows administrative users to remotely change system greetings and prompts.".So you can apply the prompt with two methods as you mentioned to record and the upload , or by system - call handler Kindly find the below link

www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel8_0/online_help/GUI_PDF/guiadmin80.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unity-express/53205-GMS.html

Look you can try the below link to convert for your 1st request:-

http://www.convertfiles.com/convert/audio/WAV-to-AU.html

Thanks

please rate all useful information

hi

Administration via Telephone, you have to dial the number for "Prompt Management" Application.
This can be found at  Administration > Call-in Numbers

Note:-To login to Administration via Telephone,
A)you need to be a member of a group that has Administration via Telephone capability. 
B)Use your own MAILBOX id and pin to login as the followingConfigure > Groups > Administration via Telephone

Thanks

Hello islam.kamal

Thank you for you support.

I am gladed

Hi Luis

is your problem solved or not?.

Thanks

please do not forget to rate all useful information

Yes.

Thank you so much

Hello

Did you mind to make correct answer and rate , to make useful for anyone in future has same problem?.

Thanks