cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why use QSIG

Yan Tian
Level 1
Level 1

I know that QSIG has been designed specially for multi-vendor PBXs Supplementary Service inter-operation.

But it seems to me that PRI E1/TI can also do the same job. I did not see any reasons make me think QSIG as the only one option ?

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Yan,

The following post has the explanation on why QSIG is needed.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/104091/qsig

HTH

Manish

Hi batts,

Thanks for your reply. so nowadays, E1 or QSIG are fully equivalent when it comes to tie 2 PBXs. If answer is no, can you provide some particular scenarios where QSIG is mandatory ?

Hi Manish, Thanks for your info, I have reviewed that URL before I posted this thread. Unfortunately, that URL did not help.

Hi Yan,

QSIG and E1 are not fully equivalent.They will both offer the basic functionality of being able to pass calls , however QSIG offers additional supplementary services as I described in my previous thread.

Cheers

Mark

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Hi ,

In a way you are right , in the past I have used an E1 to tie two PBX's together due to QSIG incompatibilities, , however  you have already mentioned the answer "Supplementary Services".

QSIG includes all sorts of extra functionality in regards to supplementary services, I can't go into all the differences as its all depends on PBX models etc.Personally nowadays I would always use QSIG, but you might getaway with an standard E1 depending on what you are trying to do across the link.

Hope that helps