cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

c887 15.1(3)T IPV6CP? failure in PPPoA

John.Ladwig
Level 1
Level 1

[ Apologies, but I don't know if there's a way to make a single discussion appear in more than one area. ]

I'm having trouble with dual-stack over PPPoA xDSL on a c887; full description of problem over at:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3298254?tstart=0#3298254

I'll watch replies in both places.

I'd also *gladly* rejigger/retract one or the other post if someone would like the discussions merged and can advise as to how to do it.

-jml

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi John,

I also found this reported sw issue internally. IPV6CP is failing.  Cisco has been working on multiple fronts to help our customers for smooth IPv6 integration/transition. I would recommend you to worh with Cisco TAC for resolution and also contact your Cisco Account and/or Services team.

Good luck!

Regards,
Salman

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

John.Ladwig
Level 1
Level 1

Apparently, a known bug.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3298461#3298461

Severity 3 - "minor features do not work at all"

Guess that says something about where v6 is at.  Hope there's a fix released for my ISR before 8 June 2011.

-jml

Hi John,

I also found this reported sw issue internally. IPV6CP is failing.  Cisco has been working on multiple fronts to help our customers for smooth IPv6 integration/transition. I would recommend you to worh with Cisco TAC for resolution and also contact your Cisco Account and/or Services team.

Good luck!

Regards,
Salman

TAC gave me the BugId, no apparent fixed version available (at least for my device class).

I registered for update notifications on the bug.  Hopefully that'll tell me when it becomes available.

-jml

Apparently, IPv6 over PPPoX is an Advanced IP Services feature, and isn't included in the Advanced Security IOS load which is the default for c8xx devices.

I got a key for Advanced IP Services, and I have the desired functionality on 15.1(3)T.

Whether fairly basic IPv6 CPE funcitonality should be "Advanced" rather than base functionality in a post-IANA-v4-exhaustion world is another question.  I'd sure like to see it in base functionality, personally.  I don't need a lot of the v6 features, but basic end-network/branch office capabilities such as v6 address over PPPoX negotiation, RA, filtering, and v6 administrative support would sure be nice to see in the base release.

-jml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: