cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can exclude IPV6 Address in IPV6 DHCP Server.

MOHAMMAD RAZA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In IPV4 DHCP sever use command for exclude address this command [ip dhcp excluded-address]. then which commman use in IPV6 for exclude some address. could any one help me on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jsmall123
Level 1
Level 1

It's a good question.  I don't see anything directly equivalent to that.  However, you could try just using part of a /64.  So let's say your network prefix is 2001:db8:1:2::/64.  You only want to allocate from the top half of it.  So you could try something like this:

ipv6 dhcp pool Testv6-1

address prefix 2001:db8:2:3:8000::/80

Since the actual prefix length used comes from the router RA I belive this would work.  Of course you'd have to test it with your gear with your version of IOS and with the operating systems you want to support.

--Jim

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jsmall123
Level 1
Level 1

It's a good question.  I don't see anything directly equivalent to that.  However, you could try just using part of a /64.  So let's say your network prefix is 2001:db8:1:2::/64.  You only want to allocate from the top half of it.  So you could try something like this:

ipv6 dhcp pool Testv6-1

address prefix 2001:db8:2:3:8000::/80

Since the actual prefix length used comes from the router RA I belive this would work.  Of course you'd have to test it with your gear with your version of IOS and with the operating systems you want to support.

--Jim