Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICMPv6: RA: ndisc_router_discovery failed to add default route

hi

I do have a PPPoE connection (WAN1) on my RV345 router... now, as soon as I activate IPv6 on this (nothing else is activated on the router), I get a lot of

ICMPv6: RA: ndisc_router_discovery failed to add default route

... and when I try to activate the "Router Advertisement" on a VLAN, it doesn't do anything. My question is, what could be the cause? (as I sayed... there's nothing else configured... no manually entered routes, no manually entered IPs or something) ...

What I get from my ISP is a /48 prefix... could it be, that I do have to modify the VLAN-Settings somehow? (I've got a prefix length of 64 there for my IP) ... or... what? what could it be? it doesn't tell a lot...

... I get an fe80:.... /10 assigned to my PPPoE interface.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

I did see this... but I've no idea what I should do. I didn't enter any default gateways. So, how can I modify them? They're all not editable (if you're talking about the entries in the "Routing Table") ...

*hmm* ... it seems to me (at the moment at least), that the problem is, that I have a second IPv6 router connected to the VLAN2 ... but, shouldn't it be possible to use multiple routers with IPv6? ... I think, that's a bug in the firmware... isn't it?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card