Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICMPv6: RA: ndisc_router_discovery failed to add default route

hi

I do have a PPPoE connection (WAN1) on my RV345 router... now, as soon as I activate IPv6 on this (nothing else is activated on the router), I get a lot of

ICMPv6: RA: ndisc_router_discovery failed to add default route

... and when I try to activate the "Router Advertisement" on a VLAN, it doesn't do anything. My question is, what could be the cause? (as I sayed... there's nothing else configured... no manually entered routes, no manually entered IPs or something) ...

What I get from my ISP is a /48 prefix... could it be, that I do have to modify the VLAN-Settings somehow? (I've got a prefix length of 64 there for my IP) ... or... what? what could it be? it doesn't tell a lot...

... I get an fe80:.... /10 assigned to my PPPoE interface.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

I did see this... but I've no idea what I should do. I didn't enter any default gateways. So, how can I modify them? They're all not editable (if you're talking about the entries in the "Routing Table") ...

*hmm* ... it seems to me (at the moment at least), that the problem is, that I have a second IPv6 router connected to the VLAN2 ... but, shouldn't it be possible to use multiple routers with IPv6? ... I think, that's a bug in the firmware... isn't it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: