Views
Helpful
Replies

InterVlan routing with a Multilayer switch using IPV6/ Packet Tracer L

Fabián Perilla
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I 'been trying to implement inter-vlan routing using a layer 3 switch (3560), my porpuse is to use ipv6 instead of ipv4. I want the endpoints to communicate each other (pinging between vlans), but it doesn't seem to work. I also searched on Internet how to configure step by step a Multilayer Switch using PT, however it still behaves the same. I suppose it could be a kind of bug from PT(Packet Tracer), but if you have any solution, error you could find in my lab and opinion about this, I really appreciate your time and effort to understand what I'm trying to say.

To get to what I want to achieve. I add the packet tracer LAB. 

Thanks in advanced!.

Topology:

FabianPerilla_0-1687038675824.png

Note : the attachment file (PT file ) is added to check out the config.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

The command you need for this is "ipv6 unicast-routing" and you have it on the L3 switch. You problem might be related to a bug in the PC. I faced the same problem you had and when I replaced the PC, the ping worked.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

@Fabián Perilla hi, this works well in in PKT. 8.2.1.0118 . tested.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Hi

The command you need for this is "ipv6 unicast-routing" and you have it on the L3 switch. You problem might be related to a bug in the PC. I faced the same problem you had and when I replaced the PC, the ping worked.

Hi!!!

Thank you so much for your help. Have a nice day!.

You´re welcome.

When labing with PacketTracer, always have a second guess about the devices bahavior. PacketTracert is a great tool but as any other simulator, it fails sometimes.

Plz find the error for me and solved it thanks

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-14 at 3.25.47 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-14 at 3.25.51 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-10-14 at 3.26.32 PM.jpeg

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card