Replies

Sending packet fails at specific interface - Packet Tracer

daniela_tod
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have this small network:

Network_3.JPG

All the components are configured for IPv6. The routers are configured to use EIGRPv6 (that is my task). 

But...When I try to send packet from PC0 to PC1, it fails...I have tried step by step to send packets to check the connections and the only problem I detected is with Router 4, specifically interface Gig0/0. I tried to send packet from PC1 to Gig0/0, but i fails. Even in Real Time mode in Packet Tracer you can see that. 

I have to say that with PC0 there is not issue at all - it sends and recieves packets without problem, except from PC1 (it comes to Router 4 and fails).

I configured everything the same way. The only difference is in the IPv6 addresses. 

If you have any idea or solution it will be very appreciated! 

Thank you in advance!

3 Replies 3

Yinchuan
Level 1
Level 1

Can you please post all devices configuration and output of `show ipv6 route` from all layer 3 devices?

Actually, I found the problem. As you can see I only shown the IP addresses but not the IPv6 Gateway of the PCs. So... the problem was with the Gateway. I was using FE80::1,2 etc. When I changed it to the IP address of the following Interface (for example in PC2 the gateway I use now is 2001:DB8:ACAD:3::10). Another issue was that the IP of PC2 wasa the same as the IP of interface Gig0/0 of Router 1.

Although thank you very much for the empathy! It is appreciated!

Now I have problem with my OSPFv3 configuration. It send packets from PC to the next Router, also from the next router to his folowing router. I mean I can send packet from PC6 to R10,also from R10 to R1, from R1 to R3 etc...but when I try to send packaet from PC6 to R3 It fails....Any idea why?

All routers are configured to use OSPFv3, also the interfaces.

Thank you very much in advance!

Cisco OSPFv3.PNG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: