cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Active calls

nathan1
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a way to monitor active calls for CUCM endpoints programmatically to drive a web-based display screen. Specifically, outbound calls active to a list of numbers and I am interested in the calling party extension. Ideally this would be notification registration-based but polling for changes would also work. Is this something that can be accomplished using AXL/SOAP (polling) or another mechanism? I haven't had much luck finding a solution.

Secondarily, I was hoping to be able to use AXL to extract a list of phones and their current IP. Using ns:listPhone in AXL I am pulling various desired fields, but I do not see device IP as an available field.

I do not see anything that can perform the active call task within the AXL SDK (or RisService70), unless I am missing something. Thank you for any direction / assistance.

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Generally, any real-time call monitoring/control operations will rely on the CUCM CTI interfaces, TAPI and JTAPI

These are C/C++ and Java client libraries that model CUCM phones/line and provide real-time call-progress events, which will include ANI/DNIS info you can use for filtering your target numbers.  This JTAPI sample project might be helpful: https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/jtapi-samples

If the phones you are monitoring via JTAPI happen to be the same ones you need IP addresses for, JTAPI can provide the info via CiscoTerminal.getIPV4Address().  If not, generally the Risport70 API will be the way to get that info.

nathan1
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the reply. Understood re Risport 70. Further to the active call monitoring, would use of the Jtapi or Tapi method require monitoring each individual endpoint of interest? Ideally I was hoping for a way to monitor active calls, system wide, so if there are a couple hundred phones and monitors are required on each device then this would not scale well. Thank you!

Yep, for real-time call monitoring, the CTI interfaces are individual device-based.  In fact, scalability was a key focus, and you can scale to several hundred without much problem, and to thousands with some considerations.  Given the headroom, monitoring all phones in a cluster is possible.