cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

addGatewayEndpointAnalogAccess AXL schema

antyeung
Level 4
Level 4

I'm writing several methods to add gateways and gateway endpoints and I'm noticing inconsistencies between what are advertised as mandatory and optional fields in the AXL schema versus what I'm experiencing when I post content to the CUCM AXL interface.

When I post a "addGatewayEndpointAnalogAccess" method to add an analog endpoint which does not include the <callingPartySelection> element I get an error;

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soapenv:Body><soapenv:Fault><faultcode>soapenv:Client</faultcode><faultstring>Cannot insert a null into column (analogaccessport.tkcallingpartyselection).</faultstring><detail><axlError><axlcode>-391</axlcode><axlmessage>Cannot insert a null into column (analogaccessport.tkcallingpartyselection).</axlmessage><request>addGatewayEndpointAnalogAccess</request></axlError></detail></soapenv:Fault></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

When I include the callingPartySelection element all is fine.

When I look at the published schema, I interpret that it's an optional field;

Untitled.png

Is <callingPartySelection> a mandatory field, or is the AXL schema incorrect?

Thanks,

Anthony

2 Replies 2

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anthony,

Eventhough in the document Administrative XML API its not mentioned callingPartySelection  and description as mandatory i found a bug CSCug89177 which mentions AXL Call addGatewayEndpointAnalogAccess description fiield not optional and it is fixed in CUCM 10.x release. I think you are using CUCM 9.1 so it could be the issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Geevarghese

Geevarghese,

Thanks for your response.

So is the callingPartySelection element supposed to be an optional or mandatory field?

Thanks,

Anthony