Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection to AXL webservice returns null

shik9
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I am new to cisco AXL. I am trying to execute AXL with java. Where it connects to AXL web service and pulls information from the CUCM database. The con.call(requestMessage,getURLEndpoint())  is returning null and throwing errors. using cucm 11.5.Can anyone help me to get this working. Thanks

Java Code

public SOAPMessage sendMessage(SOAPMessage requestMessage) throws Exception {
        SOAPMessage reply = null;
        try {
            System.out.println("URL" + getUrlEndpoint());
            reply = con.call(requestMessage, getUrlEndpoint());
                System.out.println("After getting URL");
            if (reply != null) {
                System.out.println("Inside if");
                SOAPPart replySP = reply.getSOAPPart();
                SOAPEnvelope replySE = replySP.getEnvelope();
                SOAPBody replySB = replySE.getBody();

if (replySB.hasFault()) System.out.println("ERROR: " + replySB.getFault().getFaultString());
                String a = convertSOAPtoString(reply);
                a=a.replaceAll("<row>","").replaceAll("</output>","").replaceAll("<output>","").replaceAll("</return>.*","").replaceAll(".*<return>","");
                String[] split=a.split("</row>");
                for(String e : split){
                    System.out.println(e);
                    if(e.toLowerCase().contains("broderick")) continue;
                    String[] input = e.split(",",-1);
                    System.out.println(input.length);
                    LogSQL.insertLog(input[0],input[1],input[2],input[3]);
                }

}
        }
        catch (Exception e) {
            System.out.println("return started here" + reply);
            System.out.println(e);
            e.printStackTrace();
            throw e;
        }
        return reply;
    }

In the above code con.call is returning null. I checked the web service URL from other browser it is working. Below are the errors:

Feb 08, 2018 9:26:01 AM com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnection post
SEVERE: SAAJ0008: Bad Response; null
return started herenull
com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl: com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl: Bad response: (599null
com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl: com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl: Bad response: (599null
at com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnection.call(HttpSOAPConnection.java:149)
at PhoneLocator.sendMessage(PhoneLocator.java:109)
at PhoneLocator.init(PhoneLocator.java:63)
at PhoneLocator.main(PhoneLocator.java:40)
Caused by: com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl: Bad response: (599null
at com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnection.post(HttpSOAPConnection.java:264)
at com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnection.call(HttpSOAPConnection.java:145)
... 3 more

CAUSE:

com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl: Bad response: (599null
at com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnection.post(HttpSOAPConnection.java:264)
at com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnection.call(HttpSOAPConnection.java:145)

CAUSE:

Problem starts here
at com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnection.call(HttpSOAPConnection.java:149)
Caused by: com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl: Bad response: (599null
... 3 more

CAUSE:

CAUSE:

4 Replies 4

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Don't have any Java examples using that particular library - if you provide a complete sample project that demonstrates the issue that may help.

Here is a sample using just java.io and java.net that should at least show the needed HTTP info (URL, headers, etc.)

import java.io.*;

import java.net.*;

public class AXLSample {

public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {

//AXL service URL on UC Manager host ds-ucm851.cisco.com

//Note this sample assumes the certificate for the host with subject

//name 'ds-ucm851.cisco.com' has been imported into the Java keystore

URL url = new URL("https://ds-ucm851.cisco.com:8443/axl/");

//Create a java.net URLConnection object to make the HTTP request

URLConnection conn = url.openConnection();

//setDoOutput=true causes the URLConnection to perform a POST operation

conn.setDoOutput(true);

//HTTP Basic authorization string - a base64 encoded string with username:password, in this case 'Administrator:cisco!123'

//This should be a UCM application user with Standard CCM Admin User and Standard AXL API Access roles

String authorization = "QWRtaW5pc3RyYXRvcjpjaXNjbyExMjM=";

conn.setRequestProperty("Authorization","Basic " + authorization);

//Set the SOAPAction header to 'CUCM:DB ver=8.5' for use with a UCM 8.5(1) host, request is 'getPhone'

conn.setRequestProperty("SOAPAction","\"CUCM:DB ver=8.5 getPhone\"");

//The request body will be in XML format

conn.setRequestProperty("Content-Type","text/xml");

//Build a string containing the contents of the AXL XML request - here 'getPhone'

String AXLRequest = "<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\" xmlns:ns=\"http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/8.5\">";

AXLRequest += "<soapenv:Body><ns:getPhone><name>SEP001B0CDBBE33</name></ns:getPhone></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>";

//Create an OutputStreamWriter for the URLConnection object and make the request

OutputStreamWriter writer = new OutputStreamWriter(conn.getOutputStream());

writer.write(AXLRequest);

writer.flush();

//Read the response

BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(conn.getInputStream()));

//Output the response to the console

String line;

while ((line = reader.readLine()) != null) {

System.out.println(line);

}

//Cleanup the stream objects

writer.close();

reader.close();

}

}

Thanks for the reply. The error in my case was due to header property, it was checking for the database version and that version didn't exist. Corrected the version and it worked.

What DB version did you use.  I am getting the same errors

I added a header in my code, which is looking for 11.5 version but i think it had 9.5 version. So I removed the header in my code, that way it goes and picks the available version.

Another way to debug, first check if the web service is working, not from java code. I was working on Linux ,in my case i used Curl to check that. execute it and see if it is bringing the result.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: