Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

corporate directoy on internal site

Hi I dont know if this is the right place for my  question, if not please advice where I should start.

I have a cucm 8.5 with 4k phones and my company has an Internal web site what I need to know is how could I make to do a search of dn/person from that web To the cucm.

All user are local on cucm not ldap, but I really dont need to search by user.

Basically a phone is assigneed to a job positions so mostly no user is assign to phone. So just need to search against alerting name or line description.

Please give me a point of start, its also possible to develop an application with java or vb if needed.

The search should be directly made on cucm database ?? Could produce high cpu utilization?

should  I push all the dbase and store externally and periodically make and update out of bussiness hours?

What you Think is best?

Thanks

Lisandro

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be able to build something like this using the AXL SOAP API

https://developer.cisco.com/site/axl/overview/

The <getLine> request include a <description> field in the <searchCriteria> element, so if your search is description-based that should make it easy.

Performance is a key consideration, as you don't want to have AXL have to do a full table scan every time you do a look up.  However, since 'description' is one of the available search criteria, this suggests that field should be indexed, in which case performance impact should be negligible.  Please do some testing!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be able to build something like this using the AXL SOAP API

https://developer.cisco.com/site/axl/overview/

The <getLine> request include a <description> field in the <searchCriteria> element, so if your search is description-based that should make it easy.

Performance is a key consideration, as you don't want to have AXL have to do a full table scan every time you do a look up.  However, since 'description' is one of the available search criteria, this suggests that field should be indexed, in which case performance impact should be negligible.  Please do some testing!

Thanks for giving me a start point I would now start reading and analizing the option I have.. I would check your suggestion with the development team and make some test of performance..

Thanks for the help

Note that I identified the wrong AXL request (getLine) above:

The request would be <listLine>, which includes the ability to specify a <searchCriteria> element, one option being to search by Description.

Thanks for the correction next week I would have some time to start testing it..

Thanks

Lisandro

Pranjol Saikia
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Lisandro,

If you would like to outsource the activity to a 3rd party Cisco IPT Applications development partner then we will be glad to help you out.

pranjol.s@parsec-tech.com

Thanks for the offer I would like to check first a little more before outsource.. anyways feel free to send me a private message with contact info...