Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM API GET Access Assistance Needed

vincent.mignano
Level 1
Level 1

Hey All,

I have been asked to provide API assistance into our CUCM clusters to assist with basic help desk analysis and troubleshooting of End User Jabber and CSF Device setup configuration.

I am very limited with API, only dealing with it for CMS configuration.

I am trying to review the Cisco Developer Collaboration pages for API AXL but I am having difficult time trying to find and understand how to perform this. Is there anyone that can guide me through the basics of how to setup GETs for these items?

Sorry for my limited knowledge of API, new to using them.

Thanks,

Vinny

Vincent Mignano
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vinny, I finally have a doc for you. There will be a blog entry but here's a Word Doc draft of the Primer so you can read it while we're waiting for the blog to be published.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't know of any AXL primer. I will write one soon. For now, I recommend you read this documentation. You should play with the API using something like SoapUI.

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/axl/#!introduction

If you have any specific questions about any particular function in the API, I can help you. As for general usage, like I said, I'll write something up and post a link here when it's ready. It's not something I could detail for you here.

Hey!

Thanks for the reply. Were you able to do the write up and provide a link for it?

Thanks,

Vinny

Vincent Mignano

I'm actually creating a video on this. It will be a while before it's finished, but I'll come back and link to it.

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vinny,

It's taking longer than I expected to create the tutorial video. But I'm borrowing material from a learning lab I wrote some time ago. The material I'm borrowing instructs you on how to download the AXL Toolkit. But instead of talking about Python and Zeep, I will show how to download and install SoapUI, and how to set up an AXL soap project. SoapUI is a great way to explore AXL and play with the different SOAP requests.

Download SoapUI here. Download the open source version on the right. It's free. 

Here's the learning lab which I hope can help you get started. 

https://developer.cisco.com/learning/labs/python-zeep-axl-lab/download-and-extract-the-axl-files-from-cucm

Hey,

Just checking in to see if you are close to completing the tutorial video. Any update?

Thanks,

Vinny

Vincent Mignano

No, it's going to be weeks before I'm done. I'm going to write it up as a tutorial first, and then finish the video as a separate project. It's good to have both because some people would rather watch a video than read an article. I'll let you know when the article is ready. 

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vinny, I finally have a doc for you. There will be a blog entry but here's a Word Doc draft of the Primer so you can read it while we're waiting for the blog to be published.

Hey,

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, been backed up. THis is really good. Thanks for putting in the time and effort!

Vincent Mignano
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: