cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM AXL API - getTemplate?

pescla
Spotlight
Spotlight

So i checked the wsdl / Documentation, and i couldnt find anything, but want to ask just in case it doesnt work.

Can you not list, get, add, update templates via API? When rolling out new locations for customers, it would be very useful to automate the creation of templates (get template for every phone from an old location, change a few fields, add the new template), but i cant find anything on how to do this, if it is possible at all.

Testing on 12.5

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As far as I know, AXL does not provide coverage for this kind of template-management operation...I suppose the idea is that you can create your own automation/template-like functionality using the base AXL operations.

You may be able to work something up by using SQL operations with AXL <executeSqlUpdate/Query> (refer to the Data Dictionary), but I'm not aware of any documentation on which tables/relationships are involved with templates and you may need to do some reverse-engineering...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As far as I know, AXL does not provide coverage for this kind of template-management operation...I suppose the idea is that you can create your own automation/template-like functionality using the base AXL operations.

You may be able to work something up by using SQL operations with AXL <executeSqlUpdate/Query> (refer to the Data Dictionary), but I'm not aware of any documentation on which tables/relationships are involved with templates and you may need to do some reverse-engineering...

I thought so, thanks for the tip, i will try that - in worst case scenario the only solution could just be to ditch templates and automate the template-functionality as part of the API