cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Escape \ in perfmonservice call

Jim duPuis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I'm trying to pull some call queueing statistics using SOAP calls to perfmonservice/services/PerfmonPort in CUCM. In this case I'm using PerfmonAddCounter to add counters, then PerfmonCollectSessionData to retrieve the counters I'm interesting in. This all works fine until I try to use a counter for an E164 hunt pilot. Basically, the counter I'm after is \\10.0.0.10\Cisco Hunt Pilots(\+18005532447)\CallsQueued. I'm guessing I need to escape the \ in front of the E164 hunt pilot, but haven't been able to figure this out. I have to be missing a simple escape sequence, RTMT has no issues with it.

I've tried \\, \ and just leaving it as a slash, and all result in 500 errors. Any pointers would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks dstaudit! Has there been any update on this issue? Our team ran into a similar issue, however we were able to get the service to register the counter when subscribed with %5C as a replacement for the backslash character. When we tried to execute the request, we received an Error Code 2: "Invalid Request" Client Error (Cisco Unified Communications Manager XML Developers Guide Release 8.0(1) - Serviceability XML API [Cisco Unified Communi… ). I am not sure if this is because it is interpreting the value literally or if there is some other issue.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like the Perfmon SOAP service may have a defect in handling these types of Hunt Pilot patterns.  I note that perfmonCollectCounterDataResponse also has a problem with these and will not return the counters for those Hunt Pilots.  I have escalated this issue to engineering for analysis, and will report the defect # if confirmed.

Thanks dstaudit! Has there been any update on this issue? Our team ran into a similar issue, however we were able to get the service to register the counter when subscribed with %5C as a replacement for the backslash character. When we tried to execute the request, we received an Error Code 2: "Invalid Request" Client Error (Cisco Unified Communications Manager XML Developers Guide Release 8.0(1) - Serviceability XML API [Cisco Unified Communi… ). I am not sure if this is because it is interpreting the value literally or if there is some other issue.

Following up on the defect escalation...

Engineering did mention that hunt pilots no longer allow '+' in the pattern as of 10.5(2), which should then remove the need for the '\'...any chance the customer can remove the '\+' (without knock-on/undesireable effects) as a workaround?

FYI the associated defect is CSCux44250

Thanks Peter Paul, I had not tried URL encoding the value.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: