Views
Helpful
Replies

How to monitor CUCM using AXL

aouelali
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All 

im currently working with cucm version 12.5 and i want to monitor some features like ActiveCalls and RegistredPhones and SIPTrunk and other features and i want to use Zabbix for that.

I see a lot of people talking about AXL API so how can i use AXL to monitor all this features (i create axl user in cucm and i succes to connect this user to the zabbix ), But the problem in the monitor step do i need to create XML template or how can i monitor that.

thnx 

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The actual API you'll want to use is not AXL proper, but rather one of the Serviceability APIs, i.e. Risport, which are similar to AXL: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/sxml/#!perfmon-api-reference

Not familiar with Zabbix, but if it can make HTTP requests and parse XML responses, you may be able to get something going.

Note, CUCM also supports SNMP, which it looks like Zabbix can consume - this may be a bit easier to work withk perhaps.  The MIB is CISCO-CCM-MIB, which looks like it can be found via FTP at: ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-CCM-MIB.my

Hello and thnx for your reply, i try SNMP but it doesn't support some features for me like activeCalls and SIPTrunk 

For Risport can i make HTTP request with XML template or how can i use it ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: