cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to reduce times of AXL reference creation?

lior look
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all,

I'm using C# with api 8.0 scheme and .NET framework 3.5

after the AXL object creation the reference contains all events and methods in the class.

"AXLAPIService AXL = new AXLAPIService("192.168.1.55", "axluser", "axlpassword");"

this action takes something like 30 sec.

Is it possible to reduce times?

3 Replies 3

Not sure if you can speed up.

I got around it by declaring AXL as static variable so it will still be around on next use.

It would be possible to remove all of the parts of the AXL WSDL that pertain to requests and types that aren't used by your app (i.e. by manually editing the WSDL/schema files), then recompile.  This could potentially reduce the size/memory/init-time several orders of magnitude...

Similarly, you could remove/comment out the parts of the compiled code stubs that aren't referenced by your app.

Having worked with AXL a long time, I'm definitely not convinced that going the WSDL/compile SOAP object route is much of a win vs. treating the API is an XML-over-HTTP web service handled more REST-style...

Yes it's possible. A lot of work though. It looks easier if you removing code from generated c#, the compiler helping you by giving warnings. I'm thinking about creating tool for automatic generating with selecting only required features.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: