Views
Helpful
Replies

PAWS : Fresh Install / Migration

samangal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello 

I am trying to use PAWs API to do Fresh Install , simple Migration and Migration with n/w change. I would like to know the sequense of PAWs services called to automate the entire process.

Also, let me know if PAWs supports IM&P , UCCX and CUC installs, migration and upgrads.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately the PAWS API doesn't have the ability to accomplish things like fresh installs or complete migrations (e.g. like the Disaster Recovery Framework mechanism>).  It is primarily focused on software upgrades, though it can manage (already configured/scheduled) backup tasks.

I'm not aware of any API for doing things like migrations or installs from scratch...I imagine that would require things like VMWare APIs (to create new a new VM and attach the CUCM install DVD .iso) and some scripting/scraping of the CUCM CLI to accomplish.

PAWS seems to run on CUCM/IM&P/Unity Connection - I don't know if its present on UCCX.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately the PAWS API doesn't have the ability to accomplish things like fresh installs or complete migrations (e.g. like the Disaster Recovery Framework mechanism>).  It is primarily focused on software upgrades, though it can manage (already configured/scheduled) backup tasks.

I'm not aware of any API for doing things like migrations or installs from scratch...I imagine that would require things like VMWare APIs (to create new a new VM and attach the CUCM install DVD .iso) and some scripting/scraping of the CUCM CLI to accomplish.

PAWS seems to run on CUCM/IM&P/Unity Connection - I don't know if its present on UCCX.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: