cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR920 disable facility-alarm

Fabian Mauchle
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to disable the critical facility-alarm for the 'interface link-down' status, so the 'stat' led on the device doesn't turn red? (the interface is intended to be no shut, but normally down)

#show facility-alarm status
System Totals  Critical: 1  Major: 0  Minor: 0

Source                     Time                   Severity      Description [Index]
------                     ------                 --------      -------------------
GigabitEthernet0/0/0       Jul 03 2015 13:46:23   CRITICAL      Physical Port Link Down [1]

(IOS-XE 03.14.01.S on ASR920)

7 Replies 7

Vinit Jain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure if the below configuration is supported on the software version you are running but you can try using "no facility-alarm detect interface <int_type>"

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/interface/command/ir-cr-book/ir-f1.html#wp1545311740

Hope this helps.

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit

Hi Vinit,

Thanks for the hint. Sadly this command is not valid on the ASR920. Only the "facility-alarm critical exceed-action" is available, but that doesn't help.

On which platform did you find the command? (on ASR1k?)

Fabian

Hello Fabian

i just noticed on the CCO documentation. this command is available starting 15.0(1)M release and it only says for 5400-XM series router.

What is the version that you are using? "show version | in image"

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit

System image file is "bootflash:/asr920-universalk9_npe.03.14.01.S.155-1.S1-std.bin"

you seem to be running one of the latest images. If the option is not supported in this release, then i dont think it will be supported in other releases. 

Can you try to shutdown the link and see if the alarm clears. since the link is down, i dont think making it admin down will have any impact.

Hope this helps.

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit

Yes, when the interface is shut down, the alarm is cleared. The admin down state has severity 'info'. As soon as I do a 'no shut' the alarm is raised again.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the confirmation. I believe its good to keep the link in shutdown state if the link is not connected.

VInit

Thanks
--Vinit